IT Hardware Sourcing for National Retailer
This retailer was seeking to source a minimum number of technology suppliers that could provide solutions for meeting their enterprise-wide sales, service, and support needs for desktops, laptops, and thin client products. They desired to enter into a strategic supply relationships with a small group of strategic suppliers that could perform the following:
- Provide responsive, efficient, quality, reliable and cost-effective technology and support.
- Provide consolidated invoicing and streamlined management.
- Proactively make recommendations for improvements to technical solutions being used by the retailer, thereby reducing costs and improving operational efficiencies.
- Significantly reduce expenses through leveraged volume, competitive market-based pricing, and improved efficiencies across the retail chain.
- Implement industry leading pricing, technical service, supply and management practices.
WR-Martin was engaged to lead a strategic sourcing effort to source technology providers that could address the clients desired needs and cost reduction objectives. The project involved developing and managing a two-step sourcing process that included a request for proposal (RFP) and an onsite interview selection process. The RFP responses were used to evaluate each supplier’s capabilities and price proposal. A weighted scorecard was developed for the client selection committee to compare the content of the responses in an objective and unbiased fashion. Once the suppliers were selected, WR-Martin managed the process through contract negotiations. Our team also provided business process reengineering consulting services to help setup the new product catalogs and as well work with the client and the suppliers to establish new protocols for reporting and account management.
The project resulted in $270,000 in savings for the client, as well as standardized and streamlined processes for procurement, catalog and vendor management.